Week 5: Responsibilities of Batok Recipients
- Summarize readings with pairs
- Discuss reflections
- With batok comes responsibility
- Recipients of batok must honor their markings because they represent responsibility to family, culture, ancestors, and community.
- Batok recipients serve as emissaries to prePhilippine cultures and traditions.
- “We Live in a Woven World” Activity
- Students will weave paper slits together to demonstrate the importance of personal contributions to community service
- Read Filipino Tattoos by Lane Wilcken (pp. 20-30)
- Read Tapping Ink, Tattooing Identities by Analyn V. Salvador-Amores (pp. 68-101)
- Students will submit 1-2 pages or 5-7 min video response to content assignment